When it comes to lippies I’m normally a sucker for a bold color but lately I have been gravitating more towards nudes. Neutral tones can really light up your face and accent your makeup. I also feel like a neutral lip shade flatters all women, regardless of skin tone. There’s also a wide range in what classifies as a nude. I prefer to stick to the warm browns, pink and mauves.
Here are some of my favorite nude lip products:
[ From Left to Right ]
1. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi – This is one of my favorite matte formulas! It’s super creamy and goes on silky smooth. It doesn’t feather like other mattes tend to do but this formula also will not stay on all day. I’m perfectly ok with that as sometimes true mattes are super drying.
2. Kylie Matte Liquid Lipstick in Candy K – The hype over these lip kits were huge! I guess I lucked out grabbing one because I literally just went on the site after hearing people complaining about it selling out in 5 minutes and I was able to add Candy K into my cart and check out. Candy K is a dusty brown rose color. The formula is very pigmented and it dried quick so I recommend applying in thin layers. This stuff will not move from your lips though! While it can feel very dry, just add a bit on gloss on top to soften it up.
3. NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu – I’m a huge NYX fan and these Butter Glosses are what I tend to wear on a daily basis. The color of the bottle is the exact color you get when you apply it. Also it smells amazing.
4. Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Pepper – This is such a gorgeous shade. It is a nude dusty rose and I love that it does’t wash out your skin. The formula is creamy and just like most other lipsticks you will be reapplying after a few hours.
5. Nars Satin Pencil on Rikugien – The formula of the satin pencils is very light, almost feeling as if you don’t have anything on your lips. The shade is a mute rose (see a pattern here lol) and it is buildable.
6.ColourPop Ultra Matte Lipstick in Bianca – ColourPop makes my favorite matte lippies that truly last forever on the lip. The formula is incredible and they have amazing shades.
7. Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Curviest Caramel – This is such a great neutral color. The Chubby Sticks are soft and lightweight and have a great moderate gloss finish.
8. L’oreal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss in Bare Attraction – As my favorite drugstore brand, L’oreal did not disappoint with this Pro Matte collection. Just like the first product on my list, you won’t get that typical drying matte formula with these. They are creamy and super pigmented while still have the perfect amount of gloss finish. Bare Attraction has been my go to for a nude lip.
9. Kylie Lip Liner in Candy K – This liner comes with the liquid lipstick as the Kylie Lip Kit (see #2). I use this with all my nude shades and it helps to stop feathering.
10. Urban Decay + Gwen Stefani Lip Pencil in Ex-Girlfriend – I absolutely love the collaboration of Gwen + Urban Decay. Ex-Girlfriend is a gorgeous shade and this lip pencil is a match to the lipstick, which also happens to be my favorite but I lost it I love that I can use the lip pencil with all my nude lipsticks and it goes on super smooth.
Here is what each shade looks like swatched on my arm:
What are your favorite nude shades?
Make sure to subscribe to Pearls & Paris by clicking follow on the right hand side. I’m doing some updates to my site so this will allow you to receive all my posts via email. xo
I had the opportunity to attend the Urban Decay + Gwen Stefani Launch Party last week. We got to mix, mingle, sip on cocktails and best of all – check out the whole entire collection! The line includes a Blush Palette, Eyeshadow Palette, Brow Box, 8 lipsticks and 6 glide on lip pencils.
The packaging is stunning but the real prize is once you open each item up. The colors & shades are vibrant and pigmented. The Eyeshadow Palette is soft and bendable. It’s filled with great neutrals as well as bold pops of color. The Blush Palette has shades ranging from matte bronze to a gorgeous shade of pink – all of which have buildable coverage.
The lipsticks are very ‘Gwen’, especially all of the reds. The formula of both the lipsticks and lip pencils are fabulous. They go on super smooth and last, which is always a plus! I received three shades and have swatched them so you can see how they look on my skin tone.
[L to R – Ex-Girlfriend, Phone Call & Plaid]
Overall this collection is a MUST. It’s definitely one of my favorite Urban Decay palettes and you can create so many looks with it. It goes on sale TODAY at the Urban Decay website!
Go check it out!
What are your favorite items and shades from this collection?? If you are interested in seeing swatches of the eyeshadow palette or blush palette – let me know! xo
Today is the 5th and FINAL day of my -5 Days of Christmas Giveaways-
Therefore, I will have 2 winners!!! Today’s giveaway is two sets of beauty products from Urban Decay. Each set contains (2) blushes, (2) eyeshadows, (1) eyeshadow primer, (1) High Color Lipgloss & (1) eye pencil. Each set is worth over $120!
To enter, go visit my Instagram page – @pearls_and_paris
1. Buxom Lip Set / $59 – The Full-On Lip Polish & Lip Cream Set features mini sizes of lip polishes and lip creams that let you experiment with tingling, lip-plumping looks in nudes, pinks, reds, and plums.
2. Sephora Contour Brush Set / $48 – This high quality set includes a stippling brush, a flat top powder brush for buffing and setting, and angled blush brush. Also includes PRO Team make-up tutorial. The set is encased in a fashionable slim-line pouch.
3. Illuminate Skin Rejuvenating Eye Mask / $35 -This invigorating sleep mask covers your delicate eyes during sleeping hours with advanced care to minimize the appearance of wrinkles. Beyond blocking all visual stimuli to quiet your mind and senses, this silky, soft, smart textile is carefully embedded with Cupron’s copper oxide technology, derived from a well-known essential mineral. This technology is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of wrinkles for smoother, younger-looking skin in as little as four weeks—with a continuous effect over time.
4. GrandeBrow-Tastic Beauty Box / $100 – If you follow my instagram (@pearls_and_paris) you know that I’m a sucker for amazing brows. I feel like they are truly the first thing that people notice on your face. We all can’t have naturally perfect brows so that is why I love the GrandeBrow-Tastic Beauty Box. It includes 1 GrandeBROW Serum, 1 GrandeBROW-FILL and 1 Stainless Steal Tweezer. This box includes all the tools you need to build beautiful arches, fill in sparse areas and restore your brows to a gorgeous shape!
5. GO SMiLE on the go / $119 – The gift of a shiny white smile! For two minutes each morning and evening, brush as you normally would using the Teeth Whitening Gel and your favorite toothpaste together to clean and whiten at the same time. Brush in small, circular motions. The brush will pulse every 30 seconds, letting you know it’s time to change quadrants. It will then beep and turn off automatically after two minutes.
6. Urban Decay Vice4 Palette / $60 -This limited-edition palette even includes 20 gorgeous shades, a huge mirror and a double-ended brush. Vice4 features a stunning array of colors and a wide range of finishes, from buttery-smooth mattes and shimmering metallics to shades laced with micro-glitter.
7. Make Up For Ever 15 Artist Shadow Palette / $59 -This 15 shade palette features a breakthrough Artist Shadow formula that lets you create endless eye looks with infinite combinations. The advanced gel-powder formula blended with ultrafine pigments provides vivid color payoff and superior blendablilty. An artist’s favorite, Artist Shadow leaves a smooth, even finish that gives lids super-saturated, lasting color. Arranged into five easy-to-apply color trios, this extensive collection ranges from soft, subtle neutrals to daring bolds and brights.
8. Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette / $46 – This is my holy grail as far as contouring goes. This palette features three shades for contouring and three shades for highlighting, designed to shape and define facial features to create a look of authentic dimensionality. I feel as this kit is fail proof and is super easy to use.
9. Lancome Auda[City] in Paris Eyeshadow Palette / $68 – When I think of the brand Lancôme, I instantly think ‘classic’ and that is exactly what this palette is. This is their first multi pan eyeshadow palette featuring 16 shades in 4 finishes. Pick a chic look for the day, an audacious look for the night, or anything that falls in between.
‘Tis The Season For Gift Giving!
Every year when Christmas rolls around, we are all left scatterbrained on what to get our loved ones. Well if your special someone is anything like me, they will certainly appreciate a good ‘Beauty’ find. So many products come out throughout the year and it can be difficult to find one that you think she may really like. Check out the products that made my list and are sure to be a hit with your Beauty Maven.
L’Oréal Paris Sparkling Soirée Nail Collection – $5.99 each
A modern, soirée-chic holiday collection inspired by fashion’s biggest runways. By itself, a single sequin on a dress adds subtle glimmer, but collectively, they shimmer brightly as the season’s most elegant bead of choice. Winter glamour comes to life as Colour Riche introduces Sparkling Soirée: four winter shades and four glitter top coats. Go solo or pair together for up to 24 mesmerizing looks. I truly feel as a manicure can not only compliment but also complete an outfit so you can’t go wrong with any or all of these gorgeous shades.
There’s no such thing as too much black. Perfect for the liner junkie on your list, this eight-shade set contains four double-ended pencils each with a black shade on one end and a richly colored shade on the other to create an array of looks with mystery and depth on the other end. The four hit black shades, Black Velvet, Black Market, Perversion, and Zero, are paired with Smoke (gray matte), Tornado (deep eggplant), LSD (navy shimmer) and Demolition (brown matte) for the ultimate edgy lineup.
Featuring six taupe-hued matte neutrals, it also includes five never-before-seen shades. Urban Decay’s Pigment Infusion System™ incorporates a proprietary blend of ingredients that gives each shade its velvety texture, rich color, serious staying power, and blendability. They’re neutral enough for a range of skin tones—from cool to olive complexions to darker skin—and they’re perfect for creating a neutral matte eye or base eye looks with your favorite bolder shadows. It even has one shadow with a subtle, satin finish (Skimp), which is ideal for highlighting and adding dimension. I think every woman should have a go to neutral palette. You can create so many looks, day & night, with this one. A must for any beauty lover.
The “Butterfly Effect” is amplified as L’Oréal Paris revamps its cult mascara, intensifying lashes just in time for the holiday party season. Lashes are transformed with intensely extravagant volume by way of a new double-wing brush designed to stretch and intensely deploy each lash outward, from the inner corner to the outer corner of the eye. This mascara comes in Blackest Black, Black, and Waterproof Blackest Black.
OK – I saved my favorite for last. What’s better than a powerful lipstick for Christmas? A whole set of them! This holiday, give them some lip… stick. This mini vault is loaded with six deluxe samples of Revolution Lipstick in three best-selling shades and three never-before-seen ones. Ladyflower, Crush and Illicit are all new shades of pink, while Gash, Liar and F Bomb round out the set with deep and classic reds and nudes. And we didn’t forget the most important step – keep them all in place with the full-size, universal 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Ozone stashed inside. All of these shades are bold, pigmented and super creamy. The size is perfect for the woman on the go.
I hope this Holiday Gift Guide makes buying the perfect Beauty product for your loved one a little easier!
Stay tuned as next week I will be swatching a few of the products shown above and showing you a few different ways to use them.