The Golden Globes took place last night in Beverly Hills. Celebrities walked the red carpet showing off gorgeous gowns but what always catches my eye is Hair & Makeup! Thanks to the tips below from L’Oréal Paris, you can achieve these looks at home.
Taraji P. Henson
MAKEUP ARTIST: Ashunta Sheriff for L’Oreal Paris
INSPIRATION: “To accentuate Taraji’s white Stella McCartney dress, we decided collectively (as we often do), to go for a clean and fresh look and have it paired with sultry eyes and lips. This look is not only chic, but sexy and effortless; perfect for anyone who wants to play as a goddess for the night.”
· First, Ashunta started with a clean and moisturized canvas and applied the Revitalift Miracle Blur ($24.99) as a primer for a smooth makeup application
· Next, she applied True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation in C5.5 ($16.99) all over her face and neck
· To follow, she gently applied True Match Concealer in Medium/Deep Neutral ($8.95) under brow bones, eyes and down the bridge of the nose to create a natural highlight effect
· To avoid an oily T-zone, Ashunta gently patted on True Match Powder in C6 ($10.95).
· As a first step for the eyes, she applied Colour Riche Eyeshadow in Sunset Seine ($5.99) all over the lid and followed with Colour Riche Eyeshadow in Café Au Lait ($5.99) on the creases only
· For a dramatic lash, she applied three coats of Voluminous Superstar Red Carpet Mascara ($10.99) on both the bottom and top lashes. “It’s a two-step mascara that creates sexy full, thick lashes in the blackest of black shades.”
· She lined both the upper and lower lash lines (staying out of the watermark) using Infallible Black Velvet Liner ($9.99). “This really outlines Taraji’s beautiful almond-shaped eyes and makes them stand out.”
· Once the eyes were all set, Ashunta moved on to cheeks, gently applying Visible Lift Blur Blush in Soft Pink ($12.99) using her fingers onto the apples of cheeks for a dewy and fresh result
· She outlined Taraji’s lips using Colour Riche Lip Liner ($8.48) and finished filling in with Infallible Pro-Matte Gloss in Bare Attraction ($9.99)
· Her last and final “red carpet ready” step was to spritz Infallible Makeup Setting Spray ($16.99) for a long lasting finish.
MANICURIST: L’Oréal Paris Global Manicurist, Tom Bachik
INSPIRATION: “Red was all the rage for nails on the carpet this week. We wanted to give Heidi a pop of color on her nails, so went with a bright red shade to complement her look.”
· First, Tom filed nails into a classic round shape
· He next applied L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Last Nailcolor in Red Infallible ($9.99) to Heidi’s nails. After dry, Tom applied the top coat side of the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Last Nailcolor and let dry
· Tom advises maintaining a manicure using L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Facial Oil ($24.99); a drop on each nail 1-2 daily will keep nail color looking fresh and shiny, and cuticles hydrated.
HAIR STYLIST: Lorenzo Martin for L’Oreal Paris
INSPIRATION: “This evening, Jennifer went for a classic Hollywood look with her hair slightly flipped and parted to the side.”
· Lorenzo, first washed Jennifer’s hair with L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner ($4.99 each)
· For texture and volume, Lorenzo sprayed L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Boost It Air-Blown Texture Mist ($4.99) to add body to the blow out
· Using a small round brush, he then blow dried hair in small sections
· Next, Lorenzo sprayed the hair with L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Boost It Blow Out Heat Spray ($4.99)
· Using a 1” barrel curling iron, he curled the hair in one direction, pinned it and let cool
· He then added a bit of shine using L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Extraordinary Oil Lustrous Oil Serum ($6.99) on the front and ends of hair
· Lorenzo finished the look by brushing out the hair and setting with L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray ($14.99)
MAKEUP ARIST: Mary Phillips for L’Oréal Paris
INSPIRATION: “ If you saw the Giambattista Valli dress, you’ll instantly get old Hollywood glamour with the shape and even the mustardy, marigold color. The cape and the diamonds, it’s perfection. Her skin and that lip color are the hallmarks of this look. It’s very elegant, gorgeous, and beautiful, while still being very modern and today. We’re always experimenting with her looks, and I think that tonight perfectly reflects that, with this classic, old school dose of beauty.”
· Mary first applied Armani Prima Eye and Lip Contour Perfector on the upper eye lid and around all around the mouth and lip, as lips should be just as hydrated as skin
· Next, she created a natural 3D effect by layering sheerer colors of L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation (C5.5 NATURAL TAN, 5.5 Perfect Beige, and W3 Nude Beige — $16.99)
· She used darker shades in the Infallible Pro Contour Palette ($12.99) in 814 Medium along the jawline, underneath the cheek bones, on the temple and hairline of the forehead and along the nose. The highlighter hue was applied to the center of the forehead, nose, directly above the jawline, and underneath the browbone.
· Mary’s self-proclaimed “holy grail” blush, L’Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Blush in Spiced Plum C7-8 ($10.99), was added to the apples of cheeks for a fresh pop of color and extra dimension
· On eyelids, with special attention to browbones, is L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eyeshadow Mono in 306 ($5.99). Shade 201 is the backdrop color applied in the crease and 205 is added at the center of the upper lid and along the lower lashline
· She drew a very, very thin line of L’Oréal Paris Infallible Black Velvet Liner ($9.99) on the top lashes only, and concentrated on making the line a little fuller at the ends without “winging out” too much, as that can tend to look costume-y with the rest of the look. Mary finished the liner look by applying L’Oréal Paris Infallible Matte-Matic Liner ($8.99) to the upper and lower lashlines, making sure to get in between lashes to add drama in an understated, “un-heavy” sort of way
· In order to achieve long, lush eyelashes that had the perfect hint of depth that wouldn’t compete in any way with the lip, Mary primed and coated lashes using L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Superstar Mascara ($10.99)
· Mary mixed three lip shades, building up colors in different areas, applying darker colors to the outside of the mouth, and then working her way in. She wanted the lips to be dark but not vampy, and also have dimension and not come across as a one-note color. She customized the lip just for Jennifer using L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Gloss in ROUGE ENVY, NUDE ALLUDE and FORBIDEEN KISS ($9.99) for a very full lip effect, that was neither too wet nor matte.
*All products are available at LorealParisUSA.com and mass and drugstores nationwide
Plaid + Fringe are two fashion trends that have been in for quite some time now. If you follow my instagram (@pearls_and_paris) you have seen this fringe bag multiple times. It’s my go to bag! It’s super chic and can be worn casually or for a night out which I love.
While #allblackeverything is my fashion motto, I see myself leaning even more towards it since having my son 3 months ago. Black obviously is very slimming but it also creates a very clean silhouette when wearing a statement piece such as this sleeveless long red plaid duster. I pulled the look together with these gorgeous over the knee boots which has the perfect heel height when on the go.