Winter this year seemed as it would never make an appearance. Christmas rolled around and it was almost 70 degrees outside which is unheard of for the East Coast! It was a pleasant surprise but the last week made sure to make up for lost time in the cold weather department. It went from a very mild winter to our normal freezing temps. With this change has come extremely dry skin so I wanted to share some of my Winter Skin Care tips and tricks.
Water – My #1 tip is to stay hydrated! Water helps hydrate the skin from the inside. It also minimizes the appearance of aging.
Kiehls Facial Moisturizer – Water may hydrate your insides but a moisturizer hydrates the outside. This moisturizer from Kiehls is one of my favorites. It works for all skin types and is super hydrating. I feel like it truly makes my skin glow.
Nivea Extended Moisture Lotion – This is my go to body lotion. This formula is very different than other lotions, it is very long lasting and hydrating. It leaves your skin feeling soft, silky smooth and not greasy. This is a must have for your winter skin care routine
Dove Dry Spray – Dove Dry Spray Antiperspirant is the first antiperspirant spray with ¼ moisturizers. It goes on instantly dry when it touches your skin, leaving it soft and smooth and protecting you for 48-hours. It also smells so fresh and amazing.
Fresh Sugar Lip Polish – Sugar Lip Polish gently exfoliates and conditions, leaving lips incredibly soft and smooth. It leaves your lips moisturized and hydrated which is needed in this cold weather.
Vaseline – There are a million lip moisturizers on the market but none of them compare to plain Vaseline to me. It’s my favorite product to keep my lips soft. I keep a jar in every bathroom in my home and have one in my purse. I always make sure to put some on right before bed and I wake up with super soft lips.
DIY Face Mask – If you don’t want to spend extra money on products, you probably have some items already in your home to make the perfect DIY mask to hydrate your skin.
Mash 1/2 an avocado + 1/2 a ripe banana until they’re smooth and creamy.
Vitamin A in bananas fades dark spots and blemishes while smoothing out rough skin.
Vitamin B in this mask prevents aging and reduces dryness.
Vitamin E and potassium hydrates skin cells and fights free radical damage.
Avocados are high in Vitamin C and E also making them a wonderful source of antioxidants and fatty acids.
Spread the mask on your face and leave for 15 minutes before you rinse with warm water. Your skin will feel creamy and soft for a richer, regenerated look!
1. Bliss Citrus Stars bath + body / $10 – This cute little duo includes a 1 oz lemon + sage body butter as well as 1 oz of the lemon + sage soapy suds. This mini set is perfect for travel and will leave your skin soft and your spirits bright.
2. Sophia phone case by Jovan Rosario / $35 – I’m in love with the sketches by Jovan Rosario (a.k.a @Ponyy_Boyy) He recently launched his website and has some amazing products with his original sketches on them. This sketch is one of my favorites. ‘Sophia’ is ultra chic and is sure to be a stocking stuffer favorite.
3. Eye Roll Mug by Greeving Cards / $12 – Greeving Cards puts out products with witty statements and honest points of view. From cards to apparel to drinkware – they have something for everyone on your Christmas list that doesn’t take themselves too seriously. This mug sums up how most people feel in the morning.. therefore, buy one and gift it to the eye roll queen in your family.
4. Nila Anthony Faux Fur Pom / $15 – Key chain pom poms have been an “It” item the last few months! They are cute, super fun and bring a pop of color to your handbag of choice.
5. OPI Nail Polish / $9 – I have a sick obsession with nail polish therefore a few bottles tossed into my Christmas Stocking always puts a smile on my face. OPI is my go to brand. The formula is great and long lasting and they always have the best shades. Check out the Starlight Collection as it combines very rich, glittered jewel tones.
6. GIFTCARDS! …self explanatory 🙂
7. Peter Thomas Roth travel sized masks / $5 – I’m obsessed with these masks! Skin care is really important to me and the Peter Thomas Roth products are made with amazing ingredients to help keep your skin looking fresh year round. These travel size pots are perfect stocking stuffers. Shown here are the Rose Stem Cell, Pumpkin Enzyme & Irish Moor Mud Masks.
8. Gearonic USB Battery Charger / $7 – There aren’t many things worse then seeing the little battery on your cell phone screen turn red! This portable charger is small and can can fully charge your phone two times. This is a must for the lady or gentleman in your life that is on the go.
9. Fossil Bradley Slim Wallet / $30 – This sleek leather wallet minimizes the bulge in your pocket and holds all your essential cards and features a handy money clip for cash.
10. Stainless Steel Bottle Opener Cufflinks / $50 – These cufflinks are functionable yet FUN! A great gift for dads, friends, and groomsmen – these sleek and discreet accents keep fellas looking professional from 9 to 5 before they really get down to business after work gets out.
11. Ghirardelli Chocolates / $8+ – You can never go wrong with chocolate… ever!
12. Old Navy Fair Isle Scarf / $10 – Winter accessories are the perfect stocking stuffer. This sweater scarf is soft and warm and can be worn on the go or jazzed up for a night out.
13. Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 / $100 – This is such a hot item this year. It has a cute and compact body design for instant photos & instant fun!
14. Textured Diamond Socks by The Tie Bar / $8 – Socks! Another stocking stuffer favorite that you can’t go wrong with.
I’ve had oily hair for as long as I could remember. I was never the type of girl who was able to keep a blow out for more than 1 day without spraying some sort of dry shampoo in before restyling. I was recently able to test out 2 products from DESSANGE Paris.
The Purifying Clay Pre-Shampoo Mask targets oily scalps. The formula, containing mineral clay concentration, works to absorb sebum excess and regulate oil production over time while the professional application brush allows for targeted, even coverage. They recommend this mask being used once a week on dry hair. You generously apply to the roots, leave on for 5-10 minutes then rinse. You follow this process up with the Purifying Clay Balancing Shampoo. The pro-vitamin b5 enhanced balancing shampoo, helps to minimize oily roots while moisturizing ends, producing balanced hair from root to tip. The pro-vitamin b5 is known for its protective properties of the fiber capillary, helping repair and soften the hair.
I’ve been using this 2 step system for a few weeks now and I’m really happy with the results. My hair in general just feels so much cleaner but best of all, I’ve noticed a decrease in oil production. Both products have a really great smell which is always a plus!
This line is sold exculsive at Target nationwide.