When it comes to lippies I’m normally a sucker for a bold color but lately I have been gravitating more towards nudes. Neutral tones can really light up your face and accent your makeup. I also feel like a neutral lip shade flatters all women, regardless of skin tone. There’s also a wide range in what classifies as a nude. I prefer to stick to the warm browns, pink and mauves.
Here are some of my favorite nude lip products:
[ From Left to Right ]
1. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi – This is one of my favorite matte formulas! It’s super creamy and goes on silky smooth. It doesn’t feather like other mattes tend to do but this formula also will not stay on all day. I’m perfectly ok with that as sometimes true mattes are super drying.
2. Kylie Matte Liquid Lipstick in Candy K – The hype over these lip kits were huge! I guess I lucked out grabbing one because I literally just went on the site after hearing people complaining about it selling out in 5 minutes and I was able to add Candy K into my cart and check out. Candy K is a dusty brown rose color. The formula is very pigmented and it dried quick so I recommend applying in thin layers. This stuff will not move from your lips though! While it can feel very dry, just add a bit on gloss on top to soften it up.
3. NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu – I’m a huge NYX fan and these Butter Glosses are what I tend to wear on a daily basis. The color of the bottle is the exact color you get when you apply it. Also it smells amazing.
4. Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Pepper – This is such a gorgeous shade. It is a nude dusty rose and I love that it does’t wash out your skin. The formula is creamy and just like most other lipsticks you will be reapplying after a few hours.
5. Nars Satin Pencil on Rikugien – The formula of the satin pencils is very light, almost feeling as if you don’t have anything on your lips. The shade is a mute rose (see a pattern here lol) and it is buildable.
6.ColourPop Ultra Matte Lipstick in Bianca – ColourPop makes my favorite matte lippies that truly last forever on the lip. The formula is incredible and they have amazing shades.
7. Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Curviest Caramel – This is such a great neutral color. The Chubby Sticks are soft and lightweight and have a great moderate gloss finish.
8. L’oreal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss in Bare Attraction – As my favorite drugstore brand, L’oreal did not disappoint with this Pro Matte collection. Just like the first product on my list, you won’t get that typical drying matte formula with these. They are creamy and super pigmented while still have the perfect amount of gloss finish. Bare Attraction has been my go to for a nude lip.
9. Kylie Lip Liner in Candy K – This liner comes with the liquid lipstick as the Kylie Lip Kit (see #2). I use this with all my nude shades and it helps to stop feathering.
10. Urban Decay + Gwen Stefani Lip Pencil in Ex-Girlfriend – I absolutely love the collaboration of Gwen + Urban Decay. Ex-Girlfriend is a gorgeous shade and this lip pencil is a match to the lipstick, which also happens to be my favorite but I lost it I love that I can use the lip pencil with all my nude lipsticks and it goes on super smooth.
Here is what each shade looks like swatched on my arm:
What are your favorite nude shades?
Make sure to subscribe to Pearls & Paris by clicking follow on the right hand side. I’m doing some updates to my site so this will allow you to receive all my posts via email. xo
As a huge fan of NYX Cosmetics, I was thrilled when I found out that their first East Coast store opening would be at one of my local malls – Willowbrook Mall in Wayne, NJ.
I had the oportunity to attend the Grand Opening on February 18th and the store is absolutely gorgeous.
Some of the activations NYX consumers can come to store and experience include:
NYX Beauty Bar – consumers are to sit at the beauty bar, choose from a number of different of-the-moment tutorials i.e. strobing, ombre lips, etc. and then re-create those looks using the iPads in front of them that feature their favorite beauty influencers/vloggers taking them through the look step-by-step
NYX Shadow Bar (first one to launch was at the East Coast Willowbrook location) – consumers can create their own custom palettes in store
NYX Lip Bar – a bar of NYX’s most beloved lip colors in a variety of formula options to choose from i.e. soft matte lip cream, butter gloss, etc.
The NYX Willowbrook opening marks the 5th opening in the US (4 in California previously); globally, NYX has opened stores in Canada, France, Italy and Spain. Additional openings are planned throughout the remainder of 2016, with stores in the Southeast and Midwest scheduled in the next few months.
If you are from the North Jersey area, visiting NYX Willowbrook is a must!
Here are some additional photos from their Grand Opening:
Trumpette is a children’s apparel brand and they basically have the most adorable socks that you will find for your little one.
Here’s how Baby Victor stays in style with Trumpette.
Since Spring is only a few weeks away, I have teamed up with Trumpette for a GIVEAWAY to keep your little ones toes not only warm but fashionable. One lucky winner will receive two 6-packs of 0-12 socks. (Value: $50+) Head over to my Instagram [ @pearls_and_paris ] to find out how to enter!
Here’s a look at some of the styles that you can win!
Remember to head over to @pearls_and_paris on IG to see how you can enter!
GOOD LUCK xo
How adorable is this vest? My favorite color is black and I wear it daily so I love being able to throw on a strong print to accent my outfit. You can instantly turn a boring and dull outfit into something that pops with color or a print.
This vest is from ShopSosie.com and is still available in a few sizes, so get it while you can!