How adorable is this vest? My favorite color is black and I wear it daily so I love being able to throw on a strong print to accent my outfit. You can instantly turn a boring and dull outfit into something that pops with color or a print.
This vest is from ShopSosie.com and is still available in a few sizes, so get it while you can!
Winter this year seemed as it would never make an appearance. Christmas rolled around and it was almost 70 degrees outside which is unheard of for the East Coast! It was a pleasant surprise but the last week made sure to make up for lost time in the cold weather department. It went from a very mild winter to our normal freezing temps. With this change has come extremely dry skin so I wanted to share some of my Winter Skin Care tips and tricks.
Water – My #1 tip is to stay hydrated! Water helps hydrate the skin from the inside. It also minimizes the appearance of aging.
Kiehls Facial Moisturizer – Water may hydrate your insides but a moisturizer hydrates the outside. This moisturizer from Kiehls is one of my favorites. It works for all skin types and is super hydrating. I feel like it truly makes my skin glow.
Nivea Extended Moisture Lotion – This is my go to body lotion. This formula is very different than other lotions, it is very long lasting and hydrating. It leaves your skin feeling soft, silky smooth and not greasy. This is a must have for your winter skin care routine
Dove Dry Spray – Dove Dry Spray Antiperspirant is the first antiperspirant spray with ¼ moisturizers. It goes on instantly dry when it touches your skin, leaving it soft and smooth and protecting you for 48-hours. It also smells so fresh and amazing.
Fresh Sugar Lip Polish – Sugar Lip Polish gently exfoliates and conditions, leaving lips incredibly soft and smooth. It leaves your lips moisturized and hydrated which is needed in this cold weather.
Vaseline – There are a million lip moisturizers on the market but none of them compare to plain Vaseline to me. It’s my favorite product to keep my lips soft. I keep a jar in every bathroom in my home and have one in my purse. I always make sure to put some on right before bed and I wake up with super soft lips.
DIY Face Mask – If you don’t want to spend extra money on products, you probably have some items already in your home to make the perfect DIY mask to hydrate your skin.
Mash 1/2 an avocado + 1/2 a ripe banana until they’re smooth and creamy.
Vitamin A in bananas fades dark spots and blemishes while smoothing out rough skin.
Vitamin B in this mask prevents aging and reduces dryness.
Vitamin E and potassium hydrates skin cells and fights free radical damage.
Avocados are high in Vitamin C and E also making them a wonderful source of antioxidants and fatty acids.
Spread the mask on your face and leave for 15 minutes before you rinse with warm water. Your skin will feel creamy and soft for a richer, regenerated look!
I had the opportunity to attend the Urban Decay + Gwen Stefani Launch Party last week. We got to mix, mingle, sip on cocktails and best of all – check out the whole entire collection! The line includes a Blush Palette, Eyeshadow Palette, Brow Box, 8 lipsticks and 6 glide on lip pencils.
The packaging is stunning but the real prize is once you open each item up. The colors & shades are vibrant and pigmented. The Eyeshadow Palette is soft and bendable. It’s filled with great neutrals as well as bold pops of color. The Blush Palette has shades ranging from matte bronze to a gorgeous shade of pink – all of which have buildable coverage.
The lipsticks are very ‘Gwen’, especially all of the reds. The formula of both the lipsticks and lip pencils are fabulous. They go on super smooth and last, which is always a plus! I received three shades and have swatched them so you can see how they look on my skin tone.
[L to R – Ex-Girlfriend, Phone Call & Plaid]
Overall this collection is a MUST. It’s definitely one of my favorite Urban Decay palettes and you can create so many looks with it. It goes on sale TODAY at the Urban Decay website!
Go check it out!
What are your favorite items and shades from this collection?? If you are interested in seeing swatches of the eyeshadow palette or blush palette – let me know! xo
The Golden Globes took place last night in Beverly Hills. Celebrities walked the red carpet showing off gorgeous gowns but what always catches my eye is Hair & Makeup! Thanks to the tips below from L’Oréal Paris, you can achieve these looks at home.
Taraji P. Henson
MAKEUP ARTIST: Ashunta Sheriff for L’Oreal Paris
INSPIRATION: “To accentuate Taraji’s white Stella McCartney dress, we decided collectively (as we often do), to go for a clean and fresh look and have it paired with sultry eyes and lips. This look is not only chic, but sexy and effortless; perfect for anyone who wants to play as a goddess for the night.”
· First, Ashunta started with a clean and moisturized canvas and applied the Revitalift Miracle Blur ($24.99) as a primer for a smooth makeup application
· Next, she applied True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation in C5.5 ($16.99) all over her face and neck
· To follow, she gently applied True Match Concealer in Medium/Deep Neutral ($8.95) under brow bones, eyes and down the bridge of the nose to create a natural highlight effect
· To avoid an oily T-zone, Ashunta gently patted on True Match Powder in C6 ($10.95).
· As a first step for the eyes, she applied Colour Riche Eyeshadow in Sunset Seine ($5.99) all over the lid and followed with Colour Riche Eyeshadow in Café Au Lait ($5.99) on the creases only
· For a dramatic lash, she applied three coats of Voluminous Superstar Red Carpet Mascara ($10.99) on both the bottom and top lashes. “It’s a two-step mascara that creates sexy full, thick lashes in the blackest of black shades.”
· She lined both the upper and lower lash lines (staying out of the watermark) using Infallible Black Velvet Liner ($9.99). “This really outlines Taraji’s beautiful almond-shaped eyes and makes them stand out.”
· Once the eyes were all set, Ashunta moved on to cheeks, gently applying Visible Lift Blur Blush in Soft Pink ($12.99) using her fingers onto the apples of cheeks for a dewy and fresh result
· She outlined Taraji’s lips using Colour Riche Lip Liner ($8.48) and finished filling in with Infallible Pro-Matte Gloss in Bare Attraction ($9.99)
· Her last and final “red carpet ready” step was to spritz Infallible Makeup Setting Spray ($16.99) for a long lasting finish.
MANICURIST: L’Oréal Paris Global Manicurist, Tom Bachik
INSPIRATION: “Red was all the rage for nails on the carpet this week. We wanted to give Heidi a pop of color on her nails, so went with a bright red shade to complement her look.”
· First, Tom filed nails into a classic round shape
· He next applied L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Last Nailcolor in Red Infallible ($9.99) to Heidi’s nails. After dry, Tom applied the top coat side of the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Last Nailcolor and let dry
· Tom advises maintaining a manicure using L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Facial Oil ($24.99); a drop on each nail 1-2 daily will keep nail color looking fresh and shiny, and cuticles hydrated.
HAIR STYLIST: Lorenzo Martin for L’Oreal Paris
INSPIRATION: “This evening, Jennifer went for a classic Hollywood look with her hair slightly flipped and parted to the side.”
· Lorenzo, first washed Jennifer’s hair with L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner ($4.99 each)
· For texture and volume, Lorenzo sprayed L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Boost It Air-Blown Texture Mist ($4.99) to add body to the blow out
· Using a small round brush, he then blow dried hair in small sections
· Next, Lorenzo sprayed the hair with L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Boost It Blow Out Heat Spray ($4.99)
· Using a 1” barrel curling iron, he curled the hair in one direction, pinned it and let cool
· He then added a bit of shine using L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Extraordinary Oil Lustrous Oil Serum ($6.99) on the front and ends of hair
· Lorenzo finished the look by brushing out the hair and setting with L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray ($14.99)
MAKEUP ARIST: Mary Phillips for L’Oréal Paris
INSPIRATION: “ If you saw the Giambattista Valli dress, you’ll instantly get old Hollywood glamour with the shape and even the mustardy, marigold color. The cape and the diamonds, it’s perfection. Her skin and that lip color are the hallmarks of this look. It’s very elegant, gorgeous, and beautiful, while still being very modern and today. We’re always experimenting with her looks, and I think that tonight perfectly reflects that, with this classic, old school dose of beauty.”
· Mary first applied Armani Prima Eye and Lip Contour Perfector on the upper eye lid and around all around the mouth and lip, as lips should be just as hydrated as skin
· Next, she created a natural 3D effect by layering sheerer colors of L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation (C5.5 NATURAL TAN, 5.5 Perfect Beige, and W3 Nude Beige — $16.99)
· She used darker shades in the Infallible Pro Contour Palette ($12.99) in 814 Medium along the jawline, underneath the cheek bones, on the temple and hairline of the forehead and along the nose. The highlighter hue was applied to the center of the forehead, nose, directly above the jawline, and underneath the browbone.
· Mary’s self-proclaimed “holy grail” blush, L’Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Blush in Spiced Plum C7-8 ($10.99), was added to the apples of cheeks for a fresh pop of color and extra dimension
· On eyelids, with special attention to browbones, is L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eyeshadow Mono in 306 ($5.99). Shade 201 is the backdrop color applied in the crease and 205 is added at the center of the upper lid and along the lower lashline
· She drew a very, very thin line of L’Oréal Paris Infallible Black Velvet Liner ($9.99) on the top lashes only, and concentrated on making the line a little fuller at the ends without “winging out” too much, as that can tend to look costume-y with the rest of the look. Mary finished the liner look by applying L’Oréal Paris Infallible Matte-Matic Liner ($8.99) to the upper and lower lashlines, making sure to get in between lashes to add drama in an understated, “un-heavy” sort of way
· In order to achieve long, lush eyelashes that had the perfect hint of depth that wouldn’t compete in any way with the lip, Mary primed and coated lashes using L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Superstar Mascara ($10.99)
· Mary mixed three lip shades, building up colors in different areas, applying darker colors to the outside of the mouth, and then working her way in. She wanted the lips to be dark but not vampy, and also have dimension and not come across as a one-note color. She customized the lip just for Jennifer using L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Gloss in ROUGE ENVY, NUDE ALLUDE and FORBIDEEN KISS ($9.99) for a very full lip effect, that was neither too wet nor matte.
*All products are available at LorealParisUSA.com and mass and drugstores nationwide